News & Media ReleasesConferences
|Safer Internet Day - 6 February 2004|
Safer Internet Day is the celebration of children's right to a safer Internet. It is being promoted by the Safer Internet Awareness Campaign an initiative by SafeBorders, a project of the European Commission's Safer Internet Programme.
The Children's Internet Safety Website Netty's World will be launched on Safer Internet day. Netty is the Internet safety character for NetAlert, the Internet safety body of Australia. The website caters for children between 0-7 years of age and encourages them to learn about Internet safety in a fun and educational way.
Funding OpportunitiesNew Publication
- Australasian Council on Open, Distance and E-Learning (ACODE) Meeting 2004
ACODE the Australasian Council on Open, Distance and E-Learning is the peak Australasian organisation for universities engaged or interested in open, distance, flexible and e-learning.
- Australian Rehabilitation & Assistive Technology Association (ARATA) 2004 National Conference
Technology: everyone, everywhere, every day
- Australian School Library Association (ASLA) Online I: Constructing Communities of Learning and Literacy
The first Australian School Library Association (ASLA) Online Conference
- The Australian Electronic Governance Conference
The conference will provide an opportunity to take stock of the practice and the promise of digital technologies, by drawing together academics, practitioners, and policy makers in the fields of electronic governance, participation, and democracy.
- The Open Road Conference 2004 e-Diversity and Libraries: How Far Down the Open Road?
The Open Road is an initiative to assist public libraries and community organizations in exploring the potential of using the internet to provide services to their diverse communities.
- United Nation's World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS),
Australia has joined 175 other countries in endorsing a common vision and action plan for the future of the global information society.
- ‘Connecting Up’ conference: 3-4th May, 2004.
‘Using Information and Communications Technology
- NOIE Current State of Play Report for 2003
This report presents data on Australia's progress in the information economy, focusing on the socio-characteristics of Internet users and the growth of activities undertaken via the Internet in Australia.
- Australian Development Gateway
- CBOnline Project
The CBOnline Project encompasses the development of a number of information technology initiatives and online resources for the benefit of the community broadcasting sector.
- Wendouree West Community Gateway
This community portal is a valuable tool for residents enabling the Wendouree West community to showcase the Community Renewal process and also provide relevant and timely information online.