How do I add an item to the Library?
The Library is the place to permanently store useful documents, while the news
page is the place to display temporary news items that will expire to the archives
after a set time. To add a document to the Library:
1. Go to the Library section of the intranet you are on (If it is a members
only area you will be asked to enter your username and password).
2. When you are in the Library section choose the 'Upload' or 'Add' or 'post'
3. A new window will appear with an online posting form to fill in.
4. Type the title, author and brief description of the document in the appropriate
5. It is important to select the appropriate folder to store the document in
from the 'Select a Folder' drop-down menu. This is essentially choosing which
category to put the document under.
6. Use the 'Browse' button to find the document stored on your hard-drive, server
or on a floppy disk in the A-drive.
7. Choose a document type from the 'Type of document' drop down menu list. This
is different from the 'select folder' menu as the document type information
will be displayed with the item and does not represent where it will be stored.
8. Although it is not recommended, you can also link to a document on another
website instead of uploading one from your hard-drive. Do this by typing the
URL web address of the document into the 'Website Address' field at the bottom
of the window. This is not recommended because if the document on the web is
moved or the website changes its address the link to it will no longer work.
9. To finalise the process choose 'submit' or 'add'.
10. The item will then be checked and approved by the site's administrator.